Meet Mr. Diodato

Mr.+Diodato+joined+the+staff+this+year.+

Abdlrhman Alayah

Mr. Diodato joined the staff this year.

What subject do you teach?

Special Education and Algebra 1.

What was your favorite subject in school?

My favorite subject in school was history because I always found it fascinating to study how people lived a long time ago and how their lives, hopes, and struggles weren’t all too different from our own. 

What kind of student were you? 

I was a pretty average student in high school. I got mostly B’s and some A’s in classes that I was pretty passionate about, like history and band. I was one of the students who was involved in what felt like a dozen different clubs, so that probably factored into my academic performance as well. 

Why did you decide to become a teacher? Why did you choose BRHS?

I decided to become a teacher because I was fortunate to have some truly amazing educators who played a pivotal role throughout my K-12 education. I hope to have that same impact on my own students and help them explore a path that’s best for them. I picked Bronx River HS because I got to meet some amazing BRHS staff and students while previously working in a different position  on the Lehman Campus, and I knew that I wanted to call BRHS my professional home. 

Where did you go to college? 

I received my B.A. in classical studies from the University North Carolina at Greensboro, a M.S.Ed. in higher education and student affairs at Indiana University, and I’m back in grad school at Hunter College to earn a M.S.Ed. in adolescent special education.

What do you do like to do for fun?

I enjoy making music, playing video games, and reading. I can’t wait for Pokemon Scarlet/Violet to drop in November!

Fun Interesting fact about you: 

I’m learning to play the Great Highland (Scottish) bagpipe, and the Irish uilleann pipes. 

What would you like your students to know about you? 

I would like my students to know that I’m so thrilled to be working with them this year! I truly believe that learning is a collaborative process, and one of my favorite interactions to have with students is when they tell me what’s working really well for them or something that we might have to make adjustments on in a class that I’m teaching.