My advice to freshmen

After 4 years, seniors share their insights

Taking+part+in+school+clubs%2C+such+as+the+popular+video+game+club%2C+is+a+good+way+to+make+friends+and+feel+like+a+part+of+the+school.+

File photo

Taking part in school clubs, such as the popular video game club, is a good way to make friends and feel like a part of the school.

If I could go back and have a do-over of my freshman year there would be so many things I would love to change. Number one is my habit of procrastination; procrastination is your worst enemy

Jordan Damally , a senior, shares his insights with freshmen. Truth be told, this advice holds true, no matter your age. (File photo)

in school and  life in general. When you procrastinate, you shorten the amount of time that you have to get  a task done. Then the arrival of the deadline will stress you out when you’re rushing to get your work done before the turn in time. The rush to meet the approaching deadlines will lower the quality of your work, lowering the grade you could have  possibly gotten if  you had taken care of it sooner rather than wait until it was two late.

Next up is trying to find and join clubs that interest you. Clubs are the biggest social contributor to Bronx River High School. The clubs are the best way to find people who share the same interest with you and allow you to possibly build a strong bond with your peers and it’s just a great way to have fun with the hobbies you enjoy.

My next and final advice to you….and it’s a big one, ask for help when you need it.